NORTHEAST CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP?
We are passionate about INVITING the nations to experience the transformation power of a Christ-Centered life.
We TEACH the fullness of God's word and how to apply these timeless truths to our lives today.
We long to RELEASE effective and Spirit-Filled believers into God's kingdom to do God's work.
Many ask why does this church exist? What is the goal of NCF & what is the purpose of this church?
NCF is located at 903 Main Street in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada. That is our physical address and although the church is the most important thing on earth, the church is not just about the building you enter on any given Sunday! The Greek word for church is ecclesia, simply meaning Assembly. This combined body, or group of people that assemble together make up what we call the church, the main point being that the CHURCH is PEOPLE! If we were to put it in simple terms NCF is a group of people who believe we exist to reach & touch our community with the Love of God through Jesus Christ. We believe we exist to be a Blessing to Melfort and the surrounding communities and to our province Saskatchewan and above all to our nation Canada and to the nations of the world!
NCF is a Bible based Spirit filled church who is a member of Lifelinks International ( www.lifelinks.org ) Lifelinks is a family of Churches and Ministries, which are connected together through relationship.
We are part of the Abolitionist Church Network through the ministry of Exodus Cry in Grandview, Missouri ( www.exoduscry.org ), helping in the fight against human trafficking.
At Northeast Christian Fellowship we believe God's Word and principles can change your life and help you live it more abundantly. Check out what others said about the Life changing Power of God on our TESTIMONIAL Page
If you're looking for a church with a strong sense of family connection between all generations, then join us at NCF. Along with many other ministries we have vibrant children, youth, young adult and home/life group ministries. At NCF our commitment is to build up and strengthen families, relationships and individuals of all age groups...
Core values define the most important reasons for the existence of an organization. We believe the following eight core values. They determine what we are all about and how we will use our time, resources and efforts.
The WORD of GOD: The heart of NCF is to live according to the Word of God; the Bible is the only true foundation for life and ministry. We believe that the Word must be lived out in our lives because we believe the Bible is God's inspired Word. II Timothy 3:16-17
GOD'S WORTH: NCF believes that God created us to bring honor and glory to Him. True worship is to be an authentic response to God's grace and work in our lives. It is to be done in spirit and in truth, and involves the heart, soul, and mind. Praying, testifying, and singing are a few of the ways we affirm God's worthiness in our daily lives.
Matthew 22:37, Acts 2:47, Revelation 4:11
Everyone has an ETERNAL DESTINY: We believe that every Christian should be maturing in conformity to the image of Christ. Christian maturity manifests itself in obedience to God's Word, and complete devotion to God in every area of life. Jesus commanded His followers to "make disciples of all nations...teaching them to observe all things that He commanded."
Matthew 28:19-20, Ephesians 4:12-13, Colossians 2:2, James 1:22-24
PRAYER: We believe prayer acknowledges our dependence upon God. Jesus valued, demonstrated, and taught the importance of prayer. Prayer is the absolute prerequisite for God's power and blessing upon this ministry.
Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 7:7, John 15:5, Acts 2:42 and 4:31, James 5:16
AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN RELATIONSHIPS: NCF believes that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. We have a responsibility to care for one another and encourage one another to love and good works. Relationships are a vital part of spiritual development, and life change most often takes place best in a small group setting (Home Groups) or individual relationships. Romans 12:5, I Corinthians 12:27, Hebrews 10:24
God has a DESIGN FOR FAMILY: NCF strives to provide an environment which strengthens and encourages marriages and family. We also believe that the family is the foundation for teaching godly behavior. Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Matthew 19:6, Ephesians 2:19
FREEDOM & GRACE through Jesus Christ: NCF believes that if the Spirit of God is to have complete control of this ministry, it must be in the context of liberty and grace, not legalism. Romans 7:6, II Corinthians 3:17
OUR VISION: To passionately reach our neighbors, our
city, our province and our world for Christ! In the parable
of the Good Samaritan Jesus asks "Who is my neighbor?
The Expert in the Law replied: "The one who had mercy on
the man beaten and robbed...Jesus says to him and us:
GO and do likewise!"
Our Key Purposes
1. We are a WORSHIPING CHURCH: Loving God with all our hearts. Helping people to experience God's love and forgiveness, and teaching them to be unashamed in expressing their love for God.
2. We are a HEALING CHURCH: Being healed, made whole in Christ, and bringing this healing to others. Our desire is to lead people to healing and wholeness in Jesus Christ!
3. We are just one part of the LOCAL CHURCH that meets here in the North East: We desire to pursue authentic Christian community with other believers.
4. We are a Church with LIFE GROUPS: People today rarely seem to have experienced healthy family relationships. Our Life Groups create an environment where people can experience a sense of family and community. We believe that opportunities to grow in relationship with God and others abound in our Life Groups. By attending and planting yourself in a Life Group you will gain a heart for God's people and the world.
5. We are a MISSION CHURCH: Reaching out to the unchurched, both near and far, with the hope of Christ. Everything we do is focused on bringing new hope to people. We want to be an influence for good in our community, city and the nations of the world by reaching out to people, both near and far, with the hope of Christ.
6. We are a DISCIPLING CHURCH: Helping people become more like Jesus. Jesus' last command to his followers was to Go into all the world and make disciples - that is - to help people become more like Jesus.
7. We are an EQUIPPING CHURCH - A SENDING CHURCH: "We continually strive to train up believers through the ministry of the local church. Our goal is to release them into the work of God locally and around the world!
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind ...and... Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you..." Matthew 28:19-20
• We believe that all persons are created in the image of God regardless of
differences in gender, race or color.
• We believe in the sacredness of marriage and the family and in the dignity and gift of singleness.
• In the importance of the local church to help, encourage, strengthen and nurture the spiritual life of every Christian.
• We believe in the Bible, as the unique and Living Word of God and our "authority" for all things necessary to salvation and Christian living. It is our Moral Compass, God's Plumb Line for living a God Inspired Life!
• We believe in a personal, supernatural God, who is Lord of all and who is at work in the world today.
• We believe that God became a man, Jesus Christ, and lived a sinless life. His death on a Cross then paid the penalty for our sin. (Romans 3:23)
• We believe the most important thing in the world is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The greatest force in the world is love, the scriptures declare that God Is Love! So as Christians we are to have "The love of God poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit". The Bible also declares that they, the world, will know we are Christians by the love we have for one another!
• We believe that the Christian life is a life of positive faith, (Hebrews 11:6) and Faith is taking God at His Word and acting upon it. The Bible declares that Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God!
• In public Water Baptism, that we take our personal faith and make it an objective experience. Announcing to everyone that we have surrendered to Jesus Christ's authority in our lives.
• We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues and the empowerment by the Holy Spirit for effective Christian living and witness.
• We believe in divine healing - the restoration of health to those who believe and act on the truths written in God's Word. We further believe that Jesus is our Healer and that by His stripes we are already healed. We believe in the Authority of Jesus' Name.
• We believe that the Christian life is characterized by the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
• We believe that worship is not only a lifestyle, but an adventure to be enjoyed by the individual believer as well as by the family of God corporately when we come together to celebrate Jesus.
• We believe that tithes and offerings should be freely given to your local church. The local church is the place of relationship where God has called you to receive His Word on a consistent basis and to grow spiritually.
•We believe in giving our lives on behalf of the poor, sick, homeless and others in despair. True religion is looking after widows and orphans...the less fortunate among us that cannot pay us back for kindness shown!